Wednesday, February 28, 2007

The Luckiest Girl in the World


On February 4th, 2007, I married the man I love. The man I love. In a world where movies dripping in chocolate and saturated fat have trivialised this, it may not mean much, but it means a great deal to me.

Maybe it's because I am slowly starting to understand what love means and what it involves. I realised when I started to make promises and needed to begin fulfiling them that love was an amalgam of so many things, a complex journey that somehow manages to appear easy to you when you begin to love someone. It's so strange, but you actually look forward to the challenges (for lack of a better term) of love because ironically it is that same love, given to you so freely, so generously, so happily, that pulls you through, no matter what.

I know I love my husband, Krishna, because when I look into his eyes, and see him smile, I feel as though I could make any vow and keep it, and eagerly take on whatever life has to offer me.

1 Comments:

At 11:29 AM , Blogger Animesh said...

"I know I love my husband, Krishna, because when I look into his eyes, and see him smile, I feel as though I could make any vow and keep it, and eagerly take on whatever life has to offer me."

sweet... sweet... I'm so happy for the two of you (esp KK, since he has such a loving wife :-)).
-A

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home