Thursday, October 23, 2008

Makeovers, Travel And The Election

Here's hoping my readers like the new look of my blog.

I will be doing some traveling in the next couple of weeks - we will be in Washington D.C., from Oct. 25th to Nov. 1st, for the SDR Forum. Then on Nov. 3rd, we leave for Raleigh, NC, where SenSys2008 is taking place. Looks like I will be watching the election and results as they come in from the hotel in Raleigh, so I'm asking my friends to virtually hold hands with me so that I don't chew my nails all the way down to my fingers :-)

Looks like early voting has begun in full swing in many states. It's pretty scary that the same voting problems that plagued the elections in 2000 and 2004 continue to cause trouble even now - machine breakdowns, insufficient paper ballot backup and so on. I hope history does not repeat itself on Nov. 4th.

Which brings me to another issue - why the hell would these people hold elections on a working day?! As if the economy isn't bad enough already! It may not deter enthusiastic voters, and in fact, young voters might not mind skiving off classes or whatever to go vote, versus having to crawl out of bed on a weekend, but one day? Just one day? And a working day?

Fingers crossed.

1 Comments:

At 7:52 PM , Blogger Animesh said...

Niiice new look!
ref point: In India, election day is a national holiday.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home